Hai Society Tips for Tape-in Hair Extensions:
1. Do not wash your hair until 48 hours after the extensions have been installed.
2. Never sleep with completely wet hair extensions. (Always make sure the hair is at least 80%-90% dried and pulled up or preferably put into a braid to keep hair from tangling at night.)
3. Brush the hair with a hair extension brush (we prefer the wet brush) several times a day. Be sure to brush properly, holding the roots to prevent pulling on the bonds. Use a wide tooth comb to remove tangles if needed.
4. Use only high quality hair care products, but don’t overdo it. Using too much hair care products can cause build up and tangling over time. Never use any products containing oil (directly on the bonds), alcohol or ethanol as this can damage the hair extensions and also wear down on the adhesive. Try your best to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner as well as 100% natural hair products to keep hair extensions in good condition.
5. Never lighten the hair extensions. If you want to color hair extensions only go within 2 shades DARKER.
6. When using hot tools be sure to use a heat protectant spray! The more you use heat on your hair, the shorter the life-span of the hair extensions.
7. Do not use a flat iron directly on the tape tabs. This will weaken the bond and they will slip out.
8. When using conditioner, condition from mid-shaft to ends only. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp when wearing tape in hair extensions.
9. When using serums or oils avoid contact with the tape, use on mid length to ends only. We use natural products such as coconut oil on the ends of the extensions to keep the hair healthy and shiny over time.
10. Clarifying shampoo BEFORE going to your stylist is KEY. Conditioner should not be used before the application of hair.
11. Since a person’s average natural hair loss is between 50-100 strands per day you will see a small amount of naturally released hairs in between the tape bonds at time of removal. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair loss due to wearing hair extensions.
12. Keep away from saunas and other places that can get extremely hot. Also try to stay out of pools. If you are going to the beach, apply some leave in conditioner onto your hair to help protect it from the salt air that causes dryness with the extensions.
At the end of the day, this hair is gorgeous and so are you! We want to keep it that way! So take care of your hair and you will be amazed at how long they last!